Sunday 28 April 2013

Cottage Weekend

This past weekend was a bit of an eyeopener and a lot of fun.

I went away with a bunch of women, some of whom I had gone to Israel with and some of whom had gone with the same group, but different years from me. 

I was a little nervous about how well I would get along with everyone.

After all, I have a fantastic bond with the women I went with.

Some of these other women were women I had known for many years. And really, we didn't have much of a bond.

So I was nervous about what would happen. Would they like me? Would I like them? Would we have fun?

And it was amazing.

I think it's not the depth of the bond I have with the women I traveled with for 10 days. But it was awesome and better than it had ever been before.

We laughed together and cried together, ate and drank together, prayed and told stories and did D'var Torahs together. I wish I remember the plural for that.

We learned together and walked together and put out a fire together and almost sailed off on a raft together.

I'm SO glad I went.

And now I want to go again with everyone else.

Thanks for letting me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment